Cannabis Extraction Director
A new vertically integrated, large scale MIPS manufacturing facility is opening in Denver soon, requiring the expertise of an Extraction Director.
The Director of Extraction is responsible for the company's overall extraction system, workflow, and product line, processing protocols, strategy, and day to day production. Must have previous experience with MIP production, hash and oil extraction techniques and familiarity with CO2, Butane/Propane, and Alcohol extraction processes. This position is responsible for commercial production as well as refinement of existing processes and development of new ones.
• Oversee, direct, and operate all aspects of extraction department from product pre-prep, extraction, harvesting, and post-processing
• Ability to master and control all equipment in a laboratory-type environment including HPLC, MS, CO2 extraction
• Works with COO to develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for Extraction Department.
• Recruit, hire, and train extraction technicians and other positions in the department.
• Ensures consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures
• Follows all defined Good Manufacturing Processes to ensure the highest level of safety.
• Completes the sanitation of all production equipment and tools including workspace, lab equipment, containers, and appliances
• Assists with the creation of batch production records and labels in accordance with State standards
• Assist with the weighing, packaging, labeling and documentation of all products, as well as the tracking of batch numbers, lot numbers and expiration dates
• Ensures that appropriate information is accurate and in accordance with State law.
• Works with local, State-approved laboratory to send samples for regular testing of extracted product and document all results for compliance with State regulations
• Ability to work on process development and improvement and document all production and batch reports
• Ability to create and follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others
• Work towards meeting department goals around efficiencies, yields and cost
• Performs all assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility
Job Skills and Qualifications:
• Acute problem solving skills coupled with a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Must be able to lift 10lbs with each hand and pick up to 50lbs
• Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Experience following strict SOP's
• Excellent research and data organization skills.
• Must have Good Documentation Practices
• Knowledge of medical marijuana law and medicinal benefits
• Experience with Supercritical Fluid Extraction in a Lab that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures, preferably a regulated field producing cannabis-infused or pharmaceutical products
• Experience with vape oil post processing techniqes, winterization, separation, isolation, and product refinement.
• Strong knowledge in pharmaceutical formulation and plant genetics
• Expertise in subcritical and supercritical CO2 extraction methods as well as the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis
• Education and Certifications:. Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related field.
• 2+ years of industry experience
• 4+ years of real world laboratory experience
Please email resume and cover letter to Truman at LBWJobs70@gmail.com with subject line "Extraction Director"
At Seed & Smith, we provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.